Thursday, May 26, 2011

Engine Problems

Even though the engine ran great, the compression was 115-105-100-70. Which tells me it needs a rebuild. Plus, when I was taking the plugs out to do the compression test, I found the #2 plug was cross-threaded and was barely in at all. I did not want to try the put the plug back in like that, so, there needs to be some "thread restoration" Probably something I will tackle over the winter.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Driver Window In

got the driver side window installed tonight, what a pain in the A$$

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Hood Seals Installed

Installed the front and rear hood seals last night. It was actually easier than I thought it would be. Slowly but surely it is all coming together. The front hood may need adjustment.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Here is the wheel wheel and fender undersides undercoated. I used a rubberized, paintable style. It should do a good job protecting the car. Since the car will be driven daily, (weather permitting) I wanted to prevent chips and rock dents.

The fenders installed, with fender beading. One giant leap forward!

Thursday, May 12, 2011

steering column in

Been a slow road with the vw, my hopes of getting her done this year are pretty much out the window, but I will slowly plug away.

I got the steering column installed today, along with the directional switch. I know it is the wrong steering wheel, but I am using it as a place holder, if you will.

Here is the current "back dash" view. A few wires are starting arrive, got the cigarette lighter hooked up, too bad there is no battery. :)